EHA-SWG Scientific Meeting on Integrated Diagnosis Strategies in Oncohematology for the Management of Cytopenias and Leukocytosis
Dates: February 8-10, 2018
EHA Scientific Working Group on Diagnosis: Morphology and Flow Cytometry
EHA and the EHA Scientific Working Group on Diagnosis: Morphology and Flow Cytometry are organizing this EHA-SWG Scientific Meeting on Integrated Diagnosis Strategies in Oncohematology for the Management of Cytopenias and Leukocytosis
After a successful first edition in 2015, the second edition of the EHA-SWG Scientific Meeting on Integrated Diagnosis Strategies in Oncohematology for the Management of Cytopenias and Leukocytosis returns to Barcelona on February 8-10, 2018. This meeting will cover all practical aspects of diagnosis of hematological disorders suspected when encountering leukocytosis or cytopenia, with a strong focus on morphology, pathology and flow cytometry.
Below you can find key information and the links to important further details regarding registration and accommodation and a wide array of sponsor opportunities available for pharmaceutical companies.
- Pre analytical and analytical considerations
- Towards integrated diagnoses: basics of morphology, flow cytometry, cytogenetics and molecular karyotype, molecular technologies
- Normal and pathological hematopoiesis, from progenitors to granulocytes and monocytes
- Morphology of granulo-monocytopoiesis: normal, MDS, AML and MPN
- Immunophenotypic exploration of erythropoiesis and thrombopoiesis
- Lymphopoiesis, leukemia and lymphoproliferative disorders
- Update on WHO 2016
- New drugs/therapeutic approaches and personalized medicine
- Patient’s follow up: MRD and detection of the emergence of resistances
- get the proper orientation from morphological examination of blood or bone marrow smears.
- know how to orient complementary flow cytometry panels.
- understand how to apply classifications (mostly WHO 2016).
- appreciate how cytogenetics and molecular biology may help reaching an integrated diagnosis.
- better interact with clinicians in discussing difficult cases.
EHA-SWG Promotional video
Click on the image above to view the interview with Prof Béné about the EHA-SWG Scientific Meeting
Hematologists in training or willing to update their knowlege of daily dealing with blood and bone marrow samples.
Online registration is now open. Benefit from the reduced early registration fee by registering before December 31, 2017; 23:59 CET.
For more information about registration and to register, please click here.
The abstract submission will open soon.
For support opportunities click here.
EBAH CME Accreditation
Continuing Medical Education (CME) is widely accepted as a means to encourage individual practitioners to maintain and develop professional knowledge and skills keeping up-to-date with latest developments within the field. The meeting will be accredited by the EBAH system. Participants of this meeting are eligible to receive one Continuing Medical Education (CME) credit point for every hour of accredited activity from the EBAH system.