Who are we?
EHA is Europe’s largest non-profit membership organization active in the field of blood diseases (hematology). Our mission is to promote excellence in research and education in the field of hematology. The activities we undertake serve clinicians and scientists in their efforts to improve hematology care for patients. Each year we organize a congress in a major European city which is attended by approximately 10.000 hematologists. In addition we develop and organize education & training programs, publish a scientific journal, advocate for hematology, and offer a career development program.
The EHA Board and its committees are supported by the Executive Office which is located in The Hague. An international team of 26 staff members works in a dynamic, result-driven and open environment and take pride in serving the association in an efficient manner.
We are looking for a talented, self-motivated, and experienced
Meeting Coordinator (32-40 hrs)
who will be responsible for the planning, budgeting, logistics, execution and follow up of scientific workshops and educational meetings, committee meetings and other relevant international gatherings EHA organizes, and will be part of a team of meeting coordinators managed by the Manager Congress & Meetings.
Key activities are to:
- Participate in the organization of EHA’s Annual Congress with over 10.000 participants.
- Manage smaller size scientific and/or educational programs of workshops and meetings including faculty management, abstract submission and allocation.
- Manage the meeting registration, online as well as onsite at events
- Propose appropriate meeting venues according to specific criteria
- Organize travel and accommodation
- Coordinate and organize the production of meeting program books
- Provide input for the promotion of meetings
- Provide input for the recruitment of sponsors of meetings
- Arrange directly or in collaboration with subcontractors all logistical aspects related to meetings and their social programs, if applicable
- Communicate and negotiate with all suppliers and contractors
- Draw up and pro-actively controls budgets for the various meetings
- Liaise with colleagues involved in meetings on required facilities
- Organize meeting evaluations including creating summary reports of each event
Knowledge and experience:
- University/higher vocational education level (WO/HBO); a degree in event management is strongly preferred.
- Proven experience (at least 5 years) in event management, preferably in the medical field.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A result oriented and flexible attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly professional
- Highly presentable
- Able to work independently as well as cooperatively in a small team
- Available to travel / attend (inter)national meetings
- Excellent social skills: able to listen, be empathic and be able to handle matters tactfully
- Good sense of humour
- Stress resistant
- Pro active
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
You have a lively personality and a positive attitude. You are strong and confident and not afraid to express your opinion. You are pro-active, independent and possess a hands-on mentality. You have well-developed analytical skills. You are capable of distinguishing and establishing structures while not losing the overview or the overall goal. You are able to translate decisions and directions in tasks and monitor execution and developments. Excellent and clear communication, in particular with professionals, is second nature to you. You see chances and opportunities. You enjoy working in a small organisation.
What do we offer?
- A challenging job in an international environment
- A salary based on knowledge and experience
- 8% holiday allowance
- A collective pension plan
- 30 vacation days
- Good travel reimbursement arrangements
- Possibility to follow training courses
If you are interested in this position, please send your motivation letter and your CV before October 1, 2017 to Manou Verhagen-Jansen: email@example.com.