EHA offers travel grants especially intended to support young investigators to be able to come to the congress and have the opportunity to immerse themselves in the high-quality education and cutting-edge science. Furthermore the congress is an excellent opportunity to meet colleagues and create your international network. A number of travel grants have been reserved for abstract authors from countries with lower- and lower/middle-income economies.
The travel grants, consisting of € 500 and free registration for the Congress, will be available for investigators with accepted abstracts only. The Scientific Program Committee will decide, according to the scores of the abstracts, which abstract receives a travel grant. This will be announced to the first author by e-mail before April 30, 2013.
Authors wishing to be considered for a grant should be:
- a member of EHA
- the first author of a submitted abstract
- 36 years or younger of age (for 2013: authors born in 1977 or after)
How to apply for a travel grant
- Ensure that your membership fee has been paid before March 1, 2013.
- Tick the appropriate box at the online abstract submission site.
- Provide before March 1, 2013, by e-mail to Travelgrants@ehaweb.org, the following information:
- Name of the applicant
- Membership number
- Abstract Internet ID number
- Digital copy of diploma
- Current location (city and country) of applicant
The deadline for travel grant applications, supporting documents and additional information is March 1, 2013 (in parallel with the deadline for abstract submission). Only complete applications, meeting all the above points, will be considered.