EHA-JSH Fellowship Exchange Program
Call for applications is open!
The EHA-JSH Collaborative Exchange Program is intended to provide European and Japanese research institutes the opportunity to exchange scientists and clinical researchers reciprocally for a short period (up to 4 months).
The program is aiming to support collaborations between European and Japanese scientists or research groups. The exchange program provides opportunities for scientists or clinicians to visit research institutes or hospitals to facilitate and strengthen collaborations and networking. The program also aims to support collaborative research groups to exchange information and technologies.
- Applicant must be an MD or PhD. In case of an institutional application or the submission on behalf of a research group the principal applicant must be a MD or PhD.
- Applicant must be a EHA member or EHA Guesat and/or member of JSH. In case of an institutional application or the submission on behalf of a research group the principal applicant must be a EHA member or EHA Guest and/or member of JSH.
- Institutional commitment of both home and host institute is required at time of application. A description of the institute’s commitment to facilitating the exchange is required.
- If the exchanging scientist is from Europe, the host institute must be in Japan. If the exchanging scientist is from Japan, the host institute must be in Europe.
- The award period is for a maximum of four months.
- The host institute must serve as a resource for the exchanging scientist or clinical researcher in relocating and finding temporary housing; this support will be part of the award.
- Applicant must not have any other career development funding provided by EHA and/or JSH at the time of application or during the period of the award.
- Proficiency in English is required.
Terms and Conditions
Awardees must agree to comply to the acceptance conditions and reporting requirements.
- Awardees must provide EHA and JSH with financial reports regarding costs and spending of the grant funds. Eligible expenses include: supplies, travel/transport, accommodation and a per diem. All expenditures must be documented with original receipts, vouchers or invoices.
- Awardees must provide EHA and JSH with reports regarding the results of the exchange and how the grant funds facilitated the collaboration and networking.
- Applicants must agree to respond to follow-up surveys administered by EHA and JSH in the future.
Each grant is intended to support an exchange period of up to 4 months. The recipients will receive a total of EUR 10.000 or JPY 1,000,000 to be spent in accordance with the budget presented with the application. The grant is mainly designed to cover e.g. supplies, travel, housing, and a per diem. The award does not cover the salary of the scientist; it is assumed that salary will be paid by the home institution. Indirect costs will not be covered.
A joint review committee will select the final awardees for this program.
The EHA-JSH Collaborative Exchange Awards are fully sponsored by the European Hematology Association and the Japanese Society of Hematology.
Notification and announcement of awards will be at the Annual Congress of EHA in June, 2016.
The start of the Collaborative Exchange should be at least within one year after the granting of the award.
Applications from clinical and laboratory-based researchers will be considered.
Deadline for applications: February 28, 2017 (23:59 CET)
Notification of the winners: After May 1, 2017
Award Presentation: At the EHA Congress (June 2017), Madrid, Spain
How to Apply
The call for applications is open!
Submit your proposal to email@example.com no later than February 28, 2017 (23:59 CET). Required documents need to be submitted using the application template. Please click here to access the application template.