EHA-ISTH Joint Fellowship
The EHA-ISTH Joint Fellowship is a collaborative program between EHA and the International Society of Thrombosis and Haemostasis. It is intended to support the study of physiology of coagulation, bleeding or thrombosis.
The award amount is € 50.000 per year for a maximum of two years.
- Applicants must be MDs or PhDs.
- MD applicants must be within 12 years of post-graduation. PhDs must have less than eight years of post-doc experience after graduation. Applicants holding both an MD and a PhD must be within 12 years of MD-graduation.
- Applicants must be members of either EHA or ISTH and have paid their membership fee
- Applicants must have a mentor working in the candidate’s proposed research field. Basic research, translational and clinical projects will be considered.
- Applicants located within and outside of Europe are eligible to apply. Mobility will be positively considered.
- Awardees must submit their study results for presentation at the Annual Congress of EHA and/or ISTH.
- The applicant may not have any other career development funding provided by EHA at the time of application.
An interim report highlighting the project’s progress and summarizing the use of funds is required at the end of the first year. A final report is required at the end of the second year. Awardees are required to respond to EHA’s and ISTH’s requests for information related to their career progress following the active grant.
A joint EHA and ISTH review committee will review applications and select the final awardees.
How to Apply
Submit the required documents of your research proposal via the online application form. All required documents must be collated and submitted as one single pdf file. The file should be named as follows: LastName_FirstName-JointFellowship2014.
Application for the 2013 program is closed. Please see our website for the 2014 call for applications opening December 2013.
- Scientific Proposal
- Financial/Budget Plan
- A biographical sketch (CV) of the applicant
- A biographical sketch (CV) of the mentor
- A signed letter of agreement between the applicant and mentor
- A signed letter of agreement from the applicant’s institute stating that the award funds will be accepted and distributed to the applicant for purposes of his/her project accordingly.
Previous winners of the EHA-ISTH Joint Fellowship Program