Who are we?
EHA is Europe’s largest non-profit membership organization active in the field of blood diseases (hematology). Our mission is to promote excellence in research and education in the field of hematology. The activities we undertake serve clinicians and scientists in their efforts to improve hematology care for patients. Each year, we organize a congress in a major European city which is attended by approximately 10,000 hematologists. In addition, we develop and organize education & training programs, publish a scientific journal, advocate for hematology, and offer a career development program.
The EHA Board and its committees are supported by the Executive Office which is located in The Hague. An international team of 23 staff members works in a dynamic, result-driven and open environment and take pride in serving the association in an efficient manner.
For our Education Department we are looking for a
Education Project Assistant (full-time)
As Project Assistant you support our Medical Education team in the preparation, organization and coordination of EHA’s Medical Education program. This includes:
- Handling of the on-line and blended learning tools
- Assisting in the organization of educational events
- Preparing meetings
- Managing data bases and guiding documents
- Take notes of meetings, maintain records, and follow up on action points
- Perform other duties as required
- At least 3 years as project assistant
- Higher vocational education level (HBO)
- Fluent in English (both verbal and written)
- Experience with modern technologies
- Experienced in cooperating with professionals
- Willing to travel in and beyond Europe
- In possession of a valid residence and work permit in the Netherlands
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Accurate, conscientious, and pro-active.
- A result oriented and flexible attitude.
- Excellent social skills: able to listen, emphatic and able to handle matters tactfully.
- Able to handle multiple things at the same time and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to coordinate activities.
- Diplomacy, and politically sensitive.
You have a lively personality and a positive attitude. You are strong and confident and not afraid to express your opinion, and are also open to the ideas of others. You are a team player, pro-active, independent and possess a hands-on mentality. You have well-developed analytical skills. You are capable of distinguishing and establishing structures while not losing the overview and the overall goal. You are able to translate decisions and directions into tasks and you are able to execute. Excellent and clear communication, in particular with professionals, is a second nature to you. You see chances and opportunities. You enjoy working in a small organisation.
What do we offer?
- A challenging job in an international environment
- A salary based on knowledge and experience
- 8% holiday allowance
- A collective pension plan
- 30 vacation days
- Good travel reimbursement arrangements
- Possibility to follow training & courses
If you are interested in this position, please send your motivation letter and your CV before February 28, 2017 to email@example.com.
For questions, please contact Manou Verhagen-Jansen at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +31 (0)70 3020 099.