Who are we?
EHA is Europe’s largest non-profit membership organization active in the field of blood diseases (hematology). Our mission is to promote excellence in research and education in the field of hematology. The activities we undertake serve clinicians and scientists in their efforts to improve hematology care for patients. Each year we organize a congress in a major European city which is attended by approximately 10,000 hematologists. In addition we develop and organize education & training programs, publish a scientific journal, advocate for hematology, and offer a career development program.
The EHA Board and its committees are supported by the Executive Office which is located in The Hague. An international team of 23 staff members works in a dynamic, result-driven and open environment and take pride in serving the association in an efficient manner.
For our Communication department we are looking for a
Communications & Marketing Specialist (full-time)
- He/she will be responsible for coordinating EHA’s communication & marketing activities. More specifically he/she will:
- Support and advise the Communication Committee in developing and implementing strategies and policies in order to drive communication projects
- Improve existing, and develop new communication tools/activities. Keep up-to-date with relevant developments in the field of communication in general, and in particular, to developments that could affect the work of EHA, with a view to providing relevant input
- Coordinate and execute communication projects. This includes writing, editing and reviewing scientific and non-scientific promotional material, as well as web and social media texts.
- Build relationships with influential journalists, answer inquiries from the media, individuals and other organizations
- Research, write and distribute press releases to target media
- Organize monitoring services and analyze media coverage
- Keep up to date with current matters and public opinion in Hematology issues to ensure efficiency and responsiveness of the associations communication
- Coordinate the production of video interviews about scientific and medical topics
- Coordinate the production of the EHA newsletter and other publications
- Ensure consistency in the high standard of quality and accuracy of all communication output
- If requested, liaise with internal and external organizations
- Advise EHA management about communication developments
- Undertake special assignments as requested
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor /Master Degree, preferably in the field of Communication & Marketing.
- At least 7 years of experience in the field of communication & marketing, preferable in the medical field
- Experience in working on a project-based approach and able to execute projects independently
- Experience with modern technologies and social media
- Excellent written and oral communicative skills aimed at different target groups, both within and outside the organisation
- Fluent in English
- Affinity with the medical profession
- Identifying, seizing and implementing opportunities
- Excellent writing skills such as taking minutes and writing clear policy papers
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office)
- In possession of a valid residence and work permit in the Netherlands
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- A result-oriented and flexible attitude
- Excellent social skills: able to listen, be empathic and be able to handle matters tactfully
- Able to handle multiple things at the same time and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to coordinate activities
- Diplomacy, and politically sensitive
- Able to work independently as well as cooperatively in a small team
- Available to travel / attend (inter)national meetings
You have a lively personality and a positive attitude. You are strong and confident and not afraid to express your opinion. You are pro-active, independent and possess a hands-on mentality. You have well-developed analytical skills. You are capable of distinguishing and establishing structures while not losing the overview or the overall goal. You are able to translate decisions and directions in tasks and monitor execution and developments. Excellent and clear communication, in particular with professionals, is second nature to you. You see chances and opportunities. You enjoy working in a small organisation.
What do we offer?
- A challenging job in an international environment
- A salary based on knowledge and experience
- 8% holiday allowance
- A collective pension plan
- 30 vacation days
- Good travel reimbursement arrangements
- Possibility to follow training courses
If you are interested in this position, please send your motivation letter and your CV before February 28, 2017 to email@example.com. Please note that an assessment may form part of the interview procedure. For questions, please contact Manou Verhagen-Jansen at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +31 (0)70 3020 099